Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Wagner <ch...@accountant.com> on 2003/04/15 06:29:58 UTC

Error: "No getter method for property . . ."

Hi. I'm working on a High School project in which I doing some web development using Java, Tomcat, and Struts (among other things). I've been encountering a number of problems lately, and here's the worst one right now:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: No getter method for property firstName of bean org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN
. . .

Now, I've checked and rechecked about a dozen times, and I can't find anything wrong in the JSP file, the ActionForm, or Struts-config.xml. This used to work, too. What could cause this? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Christopher Wagner

Re: Error: "No getter method for property . . ."

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
If the getters and setters don't match in types, then you can get this sort
of error (and, this is the behavior specified in the JSP spec).  As Tim
suggested, I'd take this up on the struts-users list.

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
The struts-user list will be able to answer this one.

-Tim

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
the workaround for my last response, is to have one bean handle both form1
and form2 and then delegate the tasks
Filip;

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
are you by any chance have two forms on your page,
I think there is a bug, where it actually will try to send form 2 to the
bean for form 1

Filip