Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by "Neuman, Ben J., A&M IRM" <bj...@hq.afis.osd.mil> on 2006/09/01 16:04:44 UTC

RequestParamServltFilter Bug (or Premature Conversation Tag WIKI Entry)

First, my apologies for the premature WIKI entry concerning the Conversation
Tag. I'll be more discerning about my entries in the future.

I found that certain components broke the app when I registered the
RequestParameterServletFilter. Order of the filters does not seem to make a
difference. The following Exception is thrown when I navigate to a page
containing a <t:inputCalendar> or <t:inputDate> tag. By enabling
StreamingAddResource, the exception goes away (however, the components have
a screwy layout until I additionally implement the <t:document*> tags.

Stack Trace: using MyFaces 1.1.4 and Tomahawk/Sandbox 1.1.4

Sep 1, 2006 9:57:34 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet Faces Servlet threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: no faces context available!
        at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.requestParameterProvider.RequestParameterProviderM
anager.getInstance(RequestParameterProviderManager.java:37)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.requestParameterProvider.RequestParameterResponseW
rapper.encodeURL(RequestParameterResponseWrapper.java:35)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.DefaultAddResource$StylePositionedInf
o.writePositionedInfo(DefaultAddResource.java:936)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.DefaultAddResource.writeWithFullHeade
r(DefaultAddResource.java:788)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.
java:167)
        at
FilterChain.java:202)
        at
ain.java:173)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.conversation.ConversationServletFilter.doFilter(Co
nversationServletFilter.java:51)
        at
FilterChain.java:202)
        at
ain.java:173)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.requestParameterProvider.RequestParameterServletFi
lter.doFilter(RequestParameterServletFilter.java:47)
        at
FilterChain.java:202)
        at
ain.java:173)
        at
va:213)
        at
va:178)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105
)
        at
:107)
        at
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.jav
a:527)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWo
rkerThread.java:80)
        at
a:684)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Please let me know if I can provide more info.
Ben

Re: RequestParamServltFilter Bug

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Ben!
> First, my apologies for the premature WIKI entry concerning the Conversation
> Tag. I'll be more discerning about my entries in the future.

Oh - that was no problem. I just didnt know how to reach you so I
thought I try through the wiki page itself.
:-)

I use the conversationTag with the "old" DefaultAddResource and didnt
have your problem - and I use the inputCalendar, etc stuff.
Could you please post (or send me) your web.xml.
It must have something to do with the filter mapping.

As a hint - In our application we have a mapping like (in this order):
FacesExtensions, RequestParameterFilter, ConversationFilter - all mapped
to "/path/*"
Our Faces Servlet is mapped to "*.faces"
So a typical url looks like /path/MyFacesPage.faces

Thanks!
Ciao,
Mario