Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2010/01/08 16:16:58 UTC

Re:

Hi Dan

Looks OK at first glance. Let me try running it here.

Simon

RE: Re:

Posted by "Hatfield, Dan" <da...@hp.com>.
Thanks Simon.
It is raised - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-3418

Posted by "Hatfield, Dan" <da...@hp.com>.
Yes, this does work for the hello world example.
It doesn't work for my actual case for some reason.
But I found that my actual case works when I place the <ts:wireFormat.jmsText/> on only the request destination (i.e. not in the response node).

My actual topology looks like this:

non-sca WebsphereMQ client talking to SCA node (sevice) talking to non-sca websphere MQ server (which is a reference)

What works for me is <ts:wireFormat.jmsText> on the request destination on the service and the reference and nothing with regards to <ts:wireFormat> in the <response> nodes on either the service or the reference.
I think the WebsphereMQ mangler of JMS headers might have something to do with it, but its been hard to verify.

Hope that makes sense.
Here's a sanitized composite file if it helps clarify.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<composite xmlns="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0"
	xmlns:ts="http://tuscany.apache.org/xmlns/sca/1.0"
	xmlns:s="http://ActualComponent"
	targetNamespace="http://ActualComponent"
	name="ActualComponent">

	<component name="ActualComponent">
		<implementation.java class="actual.component.implementation"/>
      	<reference name="LegacyService">
          	<interface.java interface="legacy_service"/>
          	<binding.jms>
           		<destination name="WebsphereMQ.Request"/>
       			<connectionFactory name="WebsphereMQ.QCF"/>
           		<response>
               		<destination name="WebsphereMQ.Response"/>
           			<connectionFactory name="WebsphereMQ.QCF"/>
           			<activationSpec name="WebsphereMQ.Response.AS "/>
            	</response>
            	<ts:wireFormat.jmsText/>
          	</binding.jms>
	    </reference>
		<service name="SCAService">
                <interface.java interface="sca_service"/>
                <binding.jms correlationScheme="RequestMsgIDToCorrelID">
 	          		<destination name="WebsphereMQ.SCAService.Request"/>
       			<activationSpec name="WebsphereMQ.SCAService.Request.AS"/>
    	       		<response>
        	       		<destination name="WebsphereMQ.SCAService.Response"/>
           				<connectionFactory name="WebsphereMQ.QCF"/>
            		</response>
            		<ts:wireFormat.jmsText/>
                </binding.jms>
        </service>
	</component>
</composite>

The interface definitions on both sca_service and legacy_service are - String method(String).

Anyway...I'm off and running again for now. Thanks.

RE: Re:

Posted by "Hatfield, Dan" <da...@hp.com>.
Also,
By the way can you think of a temporary workaround offhand?
The end point I'm communicating with is not something built with SCA. It is an legacy request/response messaging pattern exposed via WebsphereMQ.

So it just expects a JMS message with a text payload. The payload is an XML document (proprietary schema).

Re: