Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Jorey Bump <li...@joreybump.com> on 2005/09/18 17:49:45 UTC

Re: Documentation upgrade for 3.3

Jim Gallacher wrote:
> I'm putting together a list of things which we may want to work on for
> 3.3, one of which is documentation improvements.
>
> Is there any technical reason that the request members are not sorted
> alphabetically? The current arrangement makes me a little crazy.
>
> Check the 3.1.4 docs to see what I mean.
> http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/pyapi-mprequest-mem.html

They appear to be logically grouped. Rather than simply alphabetize the
page, perhaps it would make sense to organize them under headings.

Re: Documentation upgrade for 3.3

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jg...@sympatico.ca>.
Jorey Bump wrote:
> Jim Gallacher wrote:
>
>> I'm putting together a list of things which we may want to work on for
>> 3.3, one of which is documentation improvements.
>>
>> Is there any technical reason that the request members are not sorted
>> alphabetically? The current arrangement makes me a little crazy.
>>
>> Check the 3.1.4 docs to see what I mean.
>> http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/pyapi-mprequest-mem.html
>

> They appear to be logically grouped. Rather than simply alphabetize the
> page, perhaps it would make sense to organize them under headings.

I thought that might be the case, but the logic escapes me. :)

I'd actually prefer both. List the methods alpabetically and have an
index grouped by headings. I don't mind doing the work if someone can
suggest the headings.

Jim