Posted to users@felix.apache.org by yaoming <ya...@duketechnology.com> on 2011/07/18 11:59:21 UTC

no support or is there a bug in ipojo ?

Dear sir :

When I was using the maven-ipojo-plugin ,I found something confused me .

I wrote a class with a static field , and set meta.xml in order to inject
the value of this field by ipojo , but when the maven-ipojo-plugin executed
the goal ,there threw an exception : MojoExecutionException, and the logger
info is as follows :

The field canvas is referenced in the metadata but does not exist in the
com/duketechnology/platform/core/RepaintManager.class class

I found that when I deleted the modifier "static" , the problem disappeared
!

I'm wondering whether or not ipojo does support the injection for the static
field .

My source code and configure file are as follows:

/******************************************************************

*

*             meta.xml

*

*/

<ipojo

    xsi:schemaLocation="org.apache.felix.ipojo
http://felix.apache.org/ipojo/schemas/CURRENT/core.xsd"

    xmlns="org.apache.felix.ipojo">

    <component classname="com.duketechnology.platform.core.RepaintManager">

    <requires field="canvas"/>

    <provides/>

    </component>

</ipojo>

/******************************************************************

*

*             RepaintManager.java

*

*/

public final class RepaintManager {

    private static ICanvas canvas;

}

Looking forward to your response.

yours sincerely

Re: no support or is there a bug in ipojo ?

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

No iPOJO does not inject static members. Only instance members are injected.

Regards,

Clement