Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by mmm zzz <3m...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/05 09:20:03 UTC

libapreq2-2.12 +gmake on HP UX

Hi all,

When making the libapreq2-2.12 with gmake on an HP UX PA-RISC I got this
error :

cc: "/udir/libapreq2-2.12/glue/perl/xsbuilder/apreq_xs_postperl.h", line 79:
error 1521: Incorrect initialization.
cc: "Apache2.c", line 73: warning 527: Integral value implicitly converted
to pointer in assignment.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/udir/libapreq2-2.12/glue/perl'
make[1]: *** [perl_glue] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/udir/libapreq2-2.12/glue'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I can't understand how to correct this problem. Can anyone please help me?
Thanks and best regards

Re: libapreq2-2.12 +gmake on HP UX

Posted by mmm zzz <3m...@gmail.com>.
I'm in an HP UX V3 and my gmak and gcc version are the following is those
are the needed ones or shall I use other versions ?
bash-4.0# make -v
GNU Make 3.81
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for ia64-hp-hpux11.31
bash-4.0# gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: ia64-hp-hpux11.31
Configured with: ../gcc/configure
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.2.3

Thanks very much for your help.

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>.

Posted by mmm zzz <3m...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Yes I do think also that it an option of the HP UX linker that's why I tried
to change the linker pointed by gcc to GNU ld but that give no better
results I tried also to remove the +b option so the compilation stack on the
same point indecating this erro:

 ld: Mismatched ABI (not an ELF file)

I'm just a newbie in the compilation and don't know a lot in the compilers
options and can't deside what to add or to remove to be able to finish the
compilation in HP with GCC or CC.

I would ask also if you there is another alternative to the use of the
libapreq2 library in apache? in fact I use it along with mod_perl. I'm
using  Apache2::Request, Apache2::RequestRec... and other modules which I
don't know if they can be replaced with somthing other from a library I can
install on an itanium.

PS: I installed the library in a HP prolient and sun without problem but
unfortuntly I didn't do in the PA-RISC and Itanium.

Could you please help me resolving these issues.
Thanks for your help

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>.

Posted by mmm zzz <3m...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm not sure it is really supported despite that in the libtool script HP UX
was mentioned.

I tried to compile it with gcc in HP itanium instead of the CC but without
succeed and I get this error.
bash-4.0# make
No suffix list.
Making all in .
No suffix list.
Making all in include
No suffix list.
        make  all-am
No suffix list.
Making all in library
        make  all-am
        /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2    -o libapreq2.la -rpath
/install/PARISCapache2.2/lib -version-info 10:1:7
/install/PARISCapache2.2/lib/libapr-1.la /install/PARISCapache2.2/lib/
libaprutil-1.la  -lrt -lm  -lpthread -ldld -lexpat util.lo version.lo
cookie.lo param.lo  parser.lo parser_urlencoded.lo parser_header.lo
parser_multipart.lo module.lo module_custom.lo module_cgi.lo  error.lo
gcc -shared -Wl,+h -Wl,libapreq2.so.10 -Wl,+nodefaultrpath -o
.libs/libapreq2.so.10.1  .libs/util.o .libs/version.o .libs/cookie.o
.libs/param.o .libs/parser.o .libs/parser_urlencoded.o .libs/parser_header.o
.libs/parser_multipart.o .libs/module.o .libs/module_custom.o
.libs/module_cgi.o .libs/error.o  +b /install/PARISCapache2.2/lib
/install/PARISCapache2.2/lib/libapr-1.so
/install/PARISCapache2.2/lib/libaprutil-1.so -L/install/PARISCapache2.2/lib
-lrt -lm -lpthread -ldld /install/PARISCapache2.2/lib/libexpat.so -lc
gcc: +b: No such file or directory
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1