Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by chenta <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/06 06:33:22 UTC

About footprint size

Hi,
I am curious about the footprint size of C++ client and broker. I can not
find the related info from the documents.
After I calculate the total object size of qpid/src/clinet and broker, the
total size is about 21 MB and 40 MB. Is it the right way/answer for this
question?

B.R.
Chenta

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: About footprint size

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
There's an open jira for this, QPID-1625.

-Steve

http://n2.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=2284115&i=0>

Nabble.com.

Re: About footprint size

Posted by chenta lee <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Cliff,

RE: About footprint size

Re: About footprint size

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
chenta wrote:
> Thank you Carl.
>
> I think I shouldn't use "footprint" right here. What I need to know is if I
> install a c++ client on a computer, how many disk space do I need?
> I already build the c++ client library on my linux machine. And I have the
> following assumption: When using dynamice link at run time. We need
> libqpidclient.so and libqpidcommon.so which is about 26 MB large. And I
> think sslconnector.so is needed when using SSL connection. Am I correct?

yes, you can add and remove the .so's in the lib dir based on how you
want to strip it down

rdma, cluster, ssl, xml, etc can all be striped if you don't use the
feature to bring the disk size down

Min install in qpidd & common for broker  & client & common for client

regards
Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: About footprint size