Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com> on 2002/06/08 11:48:09 UTC

Re: Eval a ttml page

"David Brancato" <Da...@Brancato.com> writes:

> EVAL A TTML PAGE
> =================

> Is there any easy way to eval a ttml page? We store many ttml pages
> in a database so we can load one into memory and write it to a
> temporary file in order to call the parse command. This allows us to
> employ a crude but very effective template/caching mechanism. It
> would be much less expensive to be able to eval the script in memory
> rather than writing the ttml to a temporary file first. Is there a
> way to do this?

Hmm... you might have a look at some of the work I've done on
cacheing, at www.dedasys.com/freesoftware/ - click on the
'miscellaneous' link.

That's not what you want, though... I think this feature would be
reasonable easy to add to Rivet, given that the parser is broken into
functional elements.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/