Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/12 14:00:15 UTC

Script Console - A plugin for Felix Web Console

I have implemented a Felix WebConsole plugin for evaluating scripts. Its
port of an earlier plugin [1]. Current implementation has no dependency on
Sling and can be used in any OSGi Container. Using this one can inspect the
runtime state of the OSGi runtime and thus simplify debugging.

It provides support for following items

* Support evaluation of script in any language e.g.
Groovy, JavaScript, Ruby, Python etc. You would need to ensure that
relevant language bundle is deployed
* Code editor with syntax highlighting support based on CodeMirror
Javascript library
* Hot key support
* Execute remote testcase via evaluating test scripts

The code is pushed to my forked Git repo for Sling at [2]. Complete details
about the plugin (with screen shots) is provided at [3].

Attached the code to FELIX-4122. If people find it useful I can checkin the
code

Comments and feedback welcome!!

Chetan Mehrotra
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-2463
[2] https://github.com/chetanmeh/felix-script-console
[3] https://github.com/chetanmeh/c/wiki/Felix-Script-Console
[4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-4122
Chetan Mehrotra

Re: Script Console - A plugin for Felix Web Console

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Sorry Chetan, I missed the mails :(

I think you can just start the vote thread in the felix dev list and see
what happens :)

Regards
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Script Console - A plugin for Felix Web Console

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
I think let's just vote on it

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Script Console - A plugin for Felix Web Console

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi Chetan

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm definitely interested. As said by Felix… time is flying so/too fast right now. Gonna have a look this week.

Clement

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi Chetan

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.