Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Roland T. Craddolph" <rc...@amagatto.com> on 2010/09/21 00:25:11 UTC

Tomcat 5.0.27 Issue

I'm just wondering if anyone as any problems with building a Struts2
archetype using Maven2, creating a war file, and deploy it to a tomcat
server running the version of 5.0.27 did it cause you any errors?  I created
a blank struts2 example project using the maven archetype command, and was
wondering if there is something I need to look for when running the war file
with Tomcat 5.0.27 versus Tomcat 6.0.26.

Thanks,

Roland

Roland  T. Craddolph

Amagatto Solutions LLC

Principal Member and Lead Architect

Email: rcraddolph@amagatto.com

Website: http://www.amagatto.com

RE: Tomcat 5.0.27 Issue

Posted by "Roland T. Craddolph" <rc...@amagatto.com>.
Webapp context ->
Package -> amagatto.solutions.example

This was built using the following command and placed out on a Tomcat
webserver with the version of 5.0.27.  For my testing instead of using
Tomcat 5 it's using 6 and it had no problems at all.  Other than downgrading
my Tomcat webserver I used the following command to create the struts
project to work from:

mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=amagatto.solutions
-DartifactId=amagatto-solutions -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts
-DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-blank
-DarchetypeVersion=2.0.11.2-SNAPSHOT
-DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.

RE: Tomcat 5.0.27 Issue

Re: Tomcat 5.0.27 Issue

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
What kind of error?

Re: Tomcat 5.0.27 Issue

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2010/9/21 Roland T. Craddolph <rc...@amagatto.com>:
> I'm just wondering if anyone as any problems with building a Struts2
> archetype using Maven2, creating a war file, and deploy it to a tomcat
> server running the version of 5.0.27 did it cause you any errors?  I created
> a blank struts2 example project using the maven archetype command, and was
> wondering if there is something I need to look for when running the war file
> with Tomcat 5.0.27 versus Tomcat 6.0.26.

Struts version? If 2.2.1 add Javassist library as a dependency and
change version of Struts to 2.2.1 in the pom ;-)

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/