Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Java Mails <av...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/05 02:16:27 UTC

min/max portlets

Hi!

Can someone explain how maximization/minimization of
portlets work(like class or tags invoked)? How could I
detect that the portlet is maximized/minimized? Is
there a means by which trying to maximize a portlet,
additional information will be displayed? and bringing
it back to its original size would hide those data? I
would presume this could be done in rendering the
templates. Or is it?

Thanks!

Re: opening a file inside portlet

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
This sounds more like a web proxy portlet, which does exist.

As an alternative, the WebPagePortlet can be configured to open links in
a new window.  To use this functionality:
  1)  Download current nightly build at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-jetspeed/nightly/
  2) Add the parameter "open_in_popup" with a value of "yes" the the
appropriate portlet entries.

Paul Spencer

Re: creating default.psml

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Hi Java,

I recently checked in some new functionality for the default.psml creation
and a role-based fallback algorithm for finding profiles (PSML).
By not setting 'services.Profiler.newuser.template', no psml is created when
a new user is created, and the user's roles are searched to find the
rquested PSML.

You can read a summary at the bottom of this page (all mods from
2002/02/10):
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/changes.html

Here are the new settings in the JR.p:

  # use Role-based PSML fallback
   services.Profiler.rolefallback=true
  +
  +# When a new user is created, this account's psml is cloned to the new
account psml
  +# Setting this account to nothing configures role-based psml as the
default method for new users
  +services.Profiler.newuser.template=turbine
  +
  +# Media types template to create for user. (comma separated)
  +services.Profiler.newuser.media_types=html,wml
  +
  +# Role(s) to assign to new user.  Multiple Role must be comma separated.
  +services.JetspeedSecurity.newuser.roles=user,tester,researcher

David

Posted by Ozgur Balsoy <ba...@grids.ucs.indiana.edu>.
I think you can have a portlet whose content is just the object tag
which uses Adobe Acrobat Reader plugin as an ActiveX control. This
prevents your readers to use Netscape Navigator, though.

This is the syntax:

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:CA8A9780-280D-11CF-A24D-444553540000"
WIDTH=450 HEIGHT=450>
  <PARAM NAME="SRC" VALUE="http_ftp_file_etc://somepath/to/pdffile.pdf">
</OBJECT>

I have Acrobat Reader 5.0. I don't know if the class ID is different for
different versions.

Ozgur

Re: min/max portlets

Posted by Java Mails <av...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks David for the quick reply...

So..
If I have a portlet that displays data, and I would
want it to display the same data but now with an
applet when maximized, all I have to do is to check
the

    rundata.getAction()=controls.Maximize;

before rendering the applet?

Or is there other way of doing it?