Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Salman Toor <sa...@it.uu.se> on 2013/11/05 12:58:08 UTC

Re: C++ example for hadoop-2.2.0

Hi,

I have solved the problem! Have downloaded the source, compiled it on the machine and now can successfully link to the library.

Thank you everyone for you quick responses.

Regards..
Salman.

Salman Toor, PhD
salman.toor@it.uu.se

Re: C++ example for hadoop-2.2.0

Posted by Salman Toor <sa...@it.uu.se>.
Hi,

Sorry for the late response.

As I have mentioned earlier I am quite new to the system so have very primitive knowledge.

Basically I have followed the following blog:

http://jugnu-life.blogspot.com/2013/09/build-and-compile-hadoop-from-source.html

except the following line in the end

# mvn package -Pdist -DskipTests -Dtar

I have used following command

# mvn package -Pdist,native,docs -DskipTests -Dtar

And than in "hadoop-dist/target" directory you can find "hadoop-2.2.0" which will contain the right native libraries.

Regards..
Salman.

Salman Toor, PhD
salman.toor@it.uu.se