Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2007/03/01 05:50:55 UTC

Release Candidate 3 missing some figures in pdf output of docbooks

A user has noticed that several figures (but not all) are missing in the
PDF output of the docbooks.
The figures are there in my current docbook builds - so I'm not sure
what went wrong.

Let's fix this if we have to redo the build.  Otherwise I think I'd let
this one go for now.
-Marshall

Re: Release Candidate 3 missing some figures in pdf output of docbooks

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Thilo Goetz wrote:
> Can you give me an example of a figure that didn't appear?  When I
> build the next level, I want to be sure to get this right.

The figures 2.1, ..., 2.7 in Chapter 2 of "Overview & Setup".

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On 3/3/07, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:
> I found this:
> http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-avoid-maven-downloading-latest-jars.html
>
> which describes the -o flag in mvn, which could prevent it from issuing
> tons of messages re: eclipse plugins, etc., and probably would make the
> build go faster.  Haven't tried it though.

This would eliminate some messages but wouldn't solve the problem.
Most of the messages are from the unit tests - even with logging off,
Maven outputs two lines per test class.  Now if we could turn that
off, and all the docbooks output, we _might_ be in business.  But
maybe not.

I think the right solution here is what I said before - make the
docbook ant script prompt the user if the JAI libraries are missing.

-Adam

Re: Release Candidate 3 missing some figures in pdf output of docbooks

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I found this:

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On 2/28/07, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:
> A user has noticed that several figures (but not all) are missing in the
> PDF output of the docbooks.
> The figures are there in my current docbook builds - so I'm not sure
> what went wrong.

Maybe the release candidate was built without the JAI libraries
mentioned in uima-docbooks/README.FIRST?  It occurs to me now that
Thilo's extractAndBuild script does a clean extract from SVN and so
these files would not be present.  I wish I'd thought of that earlier.
:(

> Let's fix this if we have to redo the build.  Otherwise I think I'd let
> this one go for now.

Agree.

-Adam