Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by cowwoc <co...@bbs.darktech.org> on 2010/04/05 17:59:31 UTC

iBatis 3.0 Javadoc?

Hi,

     I noticed that iBatis 3.0 is missing a lot of Javadoc comments, for
example in the SqlSession class. The user manual talks about methods
throwing exceptions yet there is no indication of what or when
exceptions are thrown for most methods. Do you plan on fixing this prior
to going GA?

Thanks,
Gili

Re: iBatis 3.0 Javadoc?

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
PS:  When it comes to exceptions and iBATIS, you should always use:

try {
} finally {
}

And let the unchecked exception bubble to the top.  iBATIS only throws
unchecked exceptions.  If a SQLException was thrown and you want to read the
code for some reason, the original exception will always be in the exception
chain, but you'll have to catch Exception and follow the nested exception
chain.

Clinton

Re: iBatis 3.0 Javadoc?

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.