Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by chanaka <ch...@cboe.com> on 2006/08/31 19:58:36 UTC

4.1 Master/Slave

AMQ Version: 4.1-incubator-20060821

Problem: Producer hangs in createConnection().

(broker1) and 61620 (broker2) , configured for jdbc master/slave. My xml
config is attached (AMQBrokerTest.devenv2.xml). From the logs I can see that
broker 1 is master and broker 2 is slave.

Now, when I start my consumer (ConsumerTool) and producer (ProducuerTool) in
that order, using durable subscriptions, producer hangs in createConnection
method. Output from kill -3 is attached (producer.out).  Clients connect to
the brokers using the following url.

   failover:(tcp://devenv2:61618:,tcp://devenv2:61620)?randomize=false

However, if I switch broker end points in the above url to have the slave
broker first, producer works fine.

Also, I am seeing the same behavior (that it hangs when the url has master
end point before slave, and it works otherwise) when the brokers are setup
to use the "shared file system master slave".

Am I doing anything wrong ?

Many thanks.

Chanaka

http://www.nabble.com/user-files/235829/producer.out producer.out
http://www.nabble.com/user-files/235830/AMQBrokerTest.devenv2.xml
AMQBrokerTest.devenv2.xml

Re: 4.1 Master/Slave

Posted by chanaka <ch...@cboe.com>.
Thanks for the pointers.

First, journalLogFiles="5" entry was a mistake, and I removed it.  I also
removed the randomize=false entry. I had earlier tried without it, and later
introduced it hoping that it would give predictable behavior.

   <persistenceAdapter>
       <-- for jdbc master/slave -->
      <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#oracle-ds"/>
      <!-- for shared file master/slave
      <journaledJDBC dataDirectory="tmp/AMQBrokerTest/activemq-data"/>
      -->
    </persistenceAdapter>

Anyway, I'm still seeing the same  behavior (i.e., producer hangs in
createConnection) in both jdbc and shared file system master/slave cases.

Thanks.

Re: 4.1 Master/Slave

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.