Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Weishung Chung <we...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/28 00:24:39 UTC

HRegionLocation locateRegionInMeta

I am trying to understand the HBase data insertion steps/procedures. Could
anyone kindly enlighten me about this method?

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager

private HRegionLocation locateRegionInMeta(final byte [] parentTable,
      final byte [] tableName, final byte [] row, boolean useCache)
    throws IOException

Thank you :)

Re: HRegionLocation locateRegionInMeta

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Weishung Chung <we...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The fun thing about HBase is that I can browse the source code to understand
> the internal workings of the system and get amazed by the awesome coding
> done by talented engineers/coders :)

Surely you must be joking!

> Also, there is an active/strong
> community behind it !
> I have been working with Mysql for many years but hardly ever browse its
> source code. Thanks.

Because you never had to?

Smile.

Thanks for the nice words.

St.Ack

Re: HRegionLocation locateRegionInMeta

Posted by Weishung Chung <we...@gmail.com>.
The fun thing about HBase is that I can browse the source code to understand
the internal workings of the system and get amazed by the awesome coding
done by talented engineers/coders :) Also, there is an active/strong

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.