Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/23 08:45:00 UTC

How to set file permissions internally on hadoop

Hey guys,

How can I configure HDFS so that internally I can set permissions on the
data.
I know there is a parameter called dfs.permissions that needs to be true,
otherwise permissions won't work.

Actually I had set it true previously, so that any user can use the HDFS
data to run jobs on it.
Now my requirement is, I want to set the permissions on data, so that
whoever is putting the data, should be responsible to set permissions on
who can use it.
I am trying to use internal hadoop fs -chmod commands to change the
permission. but even after changing permissions, still other user can also
use and submit job on that data.

Thanks,
Praveenesh