Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by uday65 <ud...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/17 10:56:38 UTC

How to use Autocompleter in tapestry4.1

Hello EveryBody,
I am facing the problem while creating the Autocompleter in tapestry 4.1.
What i am doing...
in html

in java
public IAutocompleteModel model = null;
	public IAutocompleteModel getModel() {
		System.out.println("in model");
		if (model == null) {
			model = new DefaultAutocompleteModel(Arrays.asList("aaaa", "bbbb",
"dddd"), "id", "name");
		}
		return model;
	}

	public abstract String getSelect();

	public abstract String getId();

	public abstract String getName();
----------------------
One drop down is created but when i type aaa in it the list of available
values are not displayed.
i.e the appear drop down is empty
Please can any one tell what is the problem,Or give me the link of example
with the source code.
I really very thankful to all of you
Thanks in advance,
Uday Mahajan

Re: How to use Autocompleter in tapestry4.1

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
The second and third parameters to DefaultAutocompleteModel are the names
of fields of the objects you pass as the first parameter. I.e. if you had
a User object with the fields id and name and you wanted id to be the
keyField and name to be the labelField you would have to have getters for
those fields in your object and pass id and name as keyField and
labelField respectively. If you just want to have simple strings you'll
have to write a wrapper object around them.
Also have a look at the Suggest component in the script.aculo.us section.

Uli