Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com> on 2015/05/22 19:46:26 UTC

memory leak in TestResourceLeak, is it expected ?

I'm seeing the following a memory leak in TestResourceLeak:

Total 51599 allocation(s) of byte size(s): 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1,
> 1, 1, 1, ... at stack location:
>
> org.apache.drill.exec.memory.TopLevelAllocator$ChildAllocator.buffer(TopLevelAllocator.java:273)
>
> org.apache.drill.exec.test.generated.ProjectorGen3.doEval(ProjectorTemplate.java:225)
>
> org.apache.drill.exec.test.generated.ProjectorGen3.projectRecords(ProjectorTemplate.java:62)
>
> org.apache.drill.exec.physical.impl.project.ProjectRecordBatch.doWork(ProjectRecordBatch.java:172)
>
> org.apache.drill.exec.record.AbstractSingleRecordBatch.innerNext(AbstractSingleRecordBatch.java:93)
>
> org.apache.drill.exec.physical.impl.project.ProjectRecordBatch.innerNext(ProjectRecordBatch.java:129)

The leak occurs when the drillbit shuts down, so it doesn't fail the test.
Is this expected or should I fill a bug ?

Thanks!

--

Abdelhakim Deneche

Software Engineer

  <http://www.mapr.com/>

Re: memory leak in TestResourceLeak, is it expected ?

Posted by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com>.
Done DRILL-3170 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-3170>

Thanks!

Posted by Chris Westin <ch...@gmail.com>.