Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Philippe Mathieu <ph...@lifl.fr> on 2005/01/29 19:02:25 UTC

Tomcat'evolution abstract

Hi,
I'm a little bit lost in the releases;
Does anyone could tell me precisely since which release ... :

- Tomcat takes account of JSP 2.0 ?
- Realms are integrated in Tomcat ?
- DBCP (pools) are integrated in Tomcat ?
- the invoker servlet in not set by default ? (4.1.12 ?)
- The DataSourceRealm is integrated in Tomcat ?
- Context description can be put directly in catalina/localhost ?
- DBCP syntax has been changed ? (5.5.4 ?)
- loggers have disappeared ? (5.5.4 ?)
- JDK 1.5 compliant ? (5.5.4 ?)

Knowing these answers will help me to help the others ;-)

--
Phil

Re: Tomcat'evolution abstract

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:02:25 +0100, Philippe Mathieu
<ph...@lifl.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm a little bit lost in the releases;
> Does anyone could tell me precisely since which release ... :
>
> - Tomcat takes account of JSP 2.0 ?

5.0+

> - Realms are integrated in Tomcat ?

4.0+ (with API changes)

> - DBCP (pools) are integrated in Tomcat ?

4.1+

> - the invoker servlet in not set by default ? (4.1.12 ?)

Yes.

> - The DataSourceRealm is integrated in Tomcat ?

4.1.something

> - Context description can be put directly in catalina/localhost ?

5.0.0+

> - DBCP syntax has been changed ? (5.5.4 ?)

5.5.0+

> - loggers have disappeared ? (5.5.4 ?)

5.5.0+

> - JDK 1.5 compliant ? (5.5.4 ?)

5.5.0+

- Removal of DefaultContext (replaced by conf/context.xml and other
per host files)

5.5.0+

- JDT as the JSP code compiler

5.5.0+ (but it had very serious bugs in that build ;) )

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat