Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID> on 2019/03/03 16:21:49 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Functional DataSourceV2 in Spark 3.0

This vote fails with the following counts:

3 +1 votes:

   - Matt Cheah
   - Ryan Blue
   - Sean Owen (binding)

1 -0 vote:

   - Jose Torres

2 -1 votes:

   - Mark Hamstra (binding)
   - Midrul Muralidharan (binding)

Thanks for the discussion, everyone, It sounds to me that the main
objection is simply that we’ve already committed to a release that removes
deprecated APIs and we don’t want to commit to features at the same time.
While I’m a bit disappointed, I think that’s a reasonable position for the
community to take and at least is a clear result.

rb

I’d like to call a vote for committing to getting DataSourceV2 in a

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Functional DataSourceV2 in Spark 3.0

Posted by Mark Hamstra <ma...@clearstorydata.com>.
No, it is not at all dead! There just isn't any kind of expectation or
commitment that the 3.0.0 release will be held up in any way if DSv2 is not
ready to go when the rest of 3.0.0 is. There is nothing new preventing
continued work on DSv2 or its eventual inclusion in a release.

Posted by Jean Georges Perrin <jg...@jgp.net>.