Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Shereen <sh...@hotmail.com> on 2010/12/10 20:13:38 UTC

Ofbiz integration with phone or Call centre device

Hi All
I'm asking about the possibility of integrating the ofbiz with  phone or
call centre device.
I want to achieve the following scenario
A customer calls then the system knows the phone number and lookup it's
information from the databse
I dun think there's something like that in ofbiz am I right?

Did anyone experience the same situation or have some more information in
that field? even if it's just Java related? I their any guide Lines

Thanks in Advance

Re: Ofbiz integration with phone or Call centre device

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
the Asterisk system is used so the personnel can have extensions and be
remote. I hire people to work from their homes.
when they log in to ofbiz the Sip component activates their extension to
receive calls.

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

BJ Freeman sent the following on 12/11/2010 9:32 AM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
a commercial plug, I use Viatalk.com they provide local and toll free
numbers
they have a configuration that connects to Asterisk

BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

BJ Freeman sent the following on 12/10/2010 11:50 AM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.