Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com> on 2014/08/10 18:47:37 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1617088 - in /subversion/branches/svn-auth-x509: subversion/include/ subversion/libsvn_fs_base/ subversion/libsvn_fs_base/bdb/ subversion/libsvn_fs_fs/ subversion/libsvn_fs_x/ subversion/libsvn_subr/ subversion/libsvn_wc/ subversion/mod_da...

On 10.08.2014 13:00, ivan@apache.org wrote:
> Author: ivan
> Date: Sun Aug 10 11:00:39 2014
> New Revision: 1617088

> Log:
> On svn-auth-x509 branch: Revert r1616093 (svn_checksum_to_cstring_display2
> implementation) -- it's out of the scope of svn-auth-x509 branch and I
> develop local x509 implementation for formatting cert fingerprints.

-1

You started mucking with the branch, despite the fact that Ben has good
and valid reasons against your proposed change, and the discussion (and
vote!) on dev@ does not have a resolution yet.

Please revert r1617088, r1617095 and r1617096.

-- Brane

--
Branko Čibej | Director of Subversion
WANdisco | Realising the impossibilities of Big Data

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.
On 11.08.2014 11:56, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
> Anyway, I got your point that it's bad to change branch when it's in
> review/vote stage. So I've reverted all my branch changes in r1617225.
> I'll wait until Ben resolve my concerns about branch raised on [VOTE]
> thread.

Thanks! This is all so much easier to follow now.

-- Brane

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On 11 August 2014 03:54, Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 10.08.2014 22:26, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
>
> On 10 August 2014 20:47, Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com> wrote:
>
> On 10.08.2014 13:00, ivan@apache.org wrote:
>
> Author: ivan
> Date: Sun Aug 10 11:00:39 2014
> New Revision: 1617088

> Log:
> On svn-auth-x509 branch: Revert r1616093 (svn_checksum_to_cstring_display2
> implementation) -- it's out of the scope of svn-auth-x509 branch and I
> develop local x509 implementation for formatting cert fingerprints.
>

> -1
>
> You started mucking with the branch, despite the fact that Ben has good and
> valid reasons against your proposed change, and the discussion (and vote!)
> on dev@ does not have a resolution yet.
>
> Could you please add technical reason for your veto. Just referencing
> Ben doesn't count. Ben could raise veto himself if he wanted, but
> current state of our discussion is  different view to name and purpose
> of svn_x509_fingerprint_display() function.
>

> This was not a veto. It was a request, and I said plainly why I made it.

Ack.

> Please revert r1617088, r1617095 and r1617096.
>
> I'm ready to do this, but I find it counter-productive because I'll
> have to raise convert my vote to -1 on svn-auth-x509 branch merge in
> situation when we actually doesn't have serious disagreement with Ben.
>
> Ben, could you please let me know if you don't like directions of my
> commits and want to have them reverted: I'll revert it immediately of
> course.
>
> Ben already said why he didn't want to have a special display function
> private to the x509 parser. Once again, your only counter-argument is "code
> churn" and, once again, you're ignoring other people's arguments because you
> don't like them.
>
> Please stop doing that. It's not productive.

I didn't ignore Ben's arguments: I addressed them by making public
function for formatting cert fingerprints.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.