Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com> on 2004/02/28 15:22:51 UTC

[FORMS]

Hi all,

I'm working on bidirectional AggregateField - meaning, it will allow to
have one value in a backend model, splitted to the several on the form,
or vice versa. This field is needed in many common scenarios such as
telephone entry fields represented as [   ] - [   ] - [    ] x [    ] on
the form, and should obviously go into one database field as
999-999-9999x9999; or date entry fileds, where day / month / year are
select boxes, and in the back end it is one value.

I do not have examples for the other direction, but because it was
already supported by AggregateField, I'll leave this functionality in.

Objections?

Vadim

Re: [FORMS]

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> I'm working on bidirectional AggregateField - meaning, it will allow
> to have one value in a backend model, splitted to the several on the
> form, or vice versa. This field is needed in many common scenarios
> such as telephone entry fields represented as [   ] - [   ] - [    ] x
> [    ] on the form, and should obviously go into one database field as
> 999-999-9999x9999; or date entry fileds, where day / month / year are
> select boxes, and in the back end it is one value.
>
> I do not have examples for the other direction, but because it was
> already supported by AggregateField, I'll leave this functionality in.

Done. As a side effect, now it supports all datatypes, and requires
datatype definition. See also new sample.

Vadim