Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by K9 <ne...@hotmail.com> on 2007/03/16 04:17:57 UTC

ofbiz & opentaps

Could someone help clear this up for me? The question I have is where ofbiz
ends and opentaps starts. Its my understanding that they have very different
licences but they always seem to be refered to together which gets quite
confusing. Let me give an example;

I read in one of the official blogs (I think official) titled "A weekly
summary of the new development changes to the Open for Business (OFBIZ) code
base." And item 5 in that blog entry says the following "opentaps Financials
now supports recurring invoices, scheduled transaction postings, and
multi-vendor payment screens."

This entry makes it appear that the  official code base contains opentaps.
It makes no distinction between the official code base which has one licence
and opentaps which has another.

That is where my confusion is. Am I wrong or do we have to be careful what
modules we install because each has a different license?

Sorry to be so long winded but I dont want to make a mistake here. Thanks.

Re: ofbiz & opentaps

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
All of Apache OFBiz comes from apache.org itself, namely the SVN
repository on svn.apache.org. Anything that comes from elsewhere is
NOT part of OFBiz.

The blog you are referring to comes from the same place as opentaps
and the HPL licensed financials and crmsfa modules that are NOT part
of OFBiz but rather are separate dual licensed (HPL/commercial) files.

For more information on those the proper place to ask is the opentaps
resources, or Open Source Strategies which is the company that runs
those.

-David

Re: ofbiz & opentaps

Posted by Neil Young <ne...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for the info.

Re: ofbiz & opentaps

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.

Re: ofbiz & opentaps

Posted by K9 <ne...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply David. Could you clarify one more point please?

On the main ofbiz page at http://ofbiz.apache.org/ it states the following;

"The Apache Open For Business Project is an open source enterprise
automation software project licensed under the Apache License Version 2.0.
By open source enterprise automation we mean: Open Source ERP, Open Source
CRM..."