Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Sanket Sharma <sa...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/16 18:05:22 UTC

Deryby JMX: Updating properties on the fly

Hi,

I was reviewing my JMX code that lets a user update System and
Database Properties. I just wanted to double check my approach before
I submit the code.

When running in embedded mode:

1) FileMonitor -> getApplicationProperties and set the desired value
in the returned property set. We avoid touching sytem properties.

2) To update Database specific value, I do a TransactionController.setProperty

Do the classes derby.iapi.services.property have any role to play??

Best Regards,
Sanket Sharma