Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de> on 2010/01/30 01:51:51 UTC

[VOTE] release of ant 1.8.0

Hi,

a candidate for ant 1.8.0 is available under
http://people.apache.org/~antoine/dist/apache-ant-1.8.0/

Vote

[] Release as Apache Ant 1.8.0
[] Do not release yet

The tentative release date in the documentation of the proposed release
is Feb 5th, 2010.

Regards,

Antoine

Re: [VOTE] release of ant 1.8.0

Posted by Jesse Glick <je...@sun.com>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> "I don't get any stack traces in junit reports" may become an important issue

This is a serious regression. -1 on releasing 1.8.0 with this bug.

Re: [VOTE] release of ant 1.8.0

Posted by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2010-01-30, Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de> wrote:
>

>> a candidate for ant 1.8.0 is available under
>> http://people.apache.org/~antoine/dist/apache-ant-1.8.0/
>>

> The files look good and I'd give you my +1 for the release, but given
> that nobody else has voted so far and the "I don't get any stack traces
> in junit reports" may become an important issue, I wonder whether it
> might be a better idea to re-roll 1.8.0 with svn revision 905136
> included.

Same here. I will rebuild 1.8.0 with the latest code today, so including
all your fixes for streams which were not
closed or were not closed using the standard FileUtils.close ...

Regards,

Antoine

Re: [VOTE] release of ant 1.8.0

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] [second attempt] release of ant 1.8.0

Posted by Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>.
+1 from me.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-02-02, Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de> wrote:

> a candidate for ant 1.8.0 is available under
> http://people.apache.org/~antoine/dist/apache-ant-1.8.0/

> Vote

> [X] Release as Apache Ant 1.8.0
> [] Do not release yet

+1

Posted by Jesse Glick <je...@sun.com>.
Antoine Levy Lambert wrote:
> [X] Release as Apache Ant 1.8.0

I have prepared the NetBeans integration of the new release and done various sorts of tests. No problems discovered so far, so: +1

Re: [VOTE] [second attempt] release of ant 1.8.0

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
> this vote cancels and replaces the vote started on Friday. The vote of
> Friday is cancelled because of a
> bug affecting the junit task which would have suppressed the stack traces of
> failing tests.
>
> The new build incorporates the fix for the junit stack traces issue.
>
> a candidate for ant 1.8.0 is available under
> http://people.apache.org/~antoine/dist/apache-ant-1.8.0/
>
> Vote
>
> [X] Release as Apache Ant 1.8.0
> [] Do not release yet

My +1,

Kev

Re: [VOTE] [second attempt] release of ant 1.8.0

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.
I have installed and used 1.8 rc for our build env.

Everything looks good.

so +1 from me

Posted by Martijn Kruithof <jk...@apache.org>.
On 2-2-2010 2:12, Antoine Levy Lambert wrote:
> The new build incorporates the fix for the junit stack traces issue.
>
> a candidate for ant 1.8.0 is available under
> http://people.apache.org/~antoine/dist/apache-ant-1.8.0/
>
> Vote
>
> [x] Release as Apache Ant 1.8.0
> [] Do not release yet
+1 Martijn

Re: [VOTE] [second attempt] release of ant 1.8.0

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-02-02, Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> wrote:

> Non-binding +1 from me. The latest snapshot successfully built
> and ran all of Groovy's tests including a small set of AntBuilder
> tests. The removal of the fall-back mechanism for unresolved references
> did cause a test containing a stray unused/unreferenced classpathref
> to fail where it was previously being masked. After removing the
> bogus reference everything ran fine.

Many thanks Paul, it is really helpful for us when the releases are
tested against complex builds before we go public with them.

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
Non-binding +1 from me. The latest snapshot successfully built
and ran all of Groovy's tests including a small set of AntBuilder
tests. The removal of the fall-back mechanism for unresolved references
did cause a test containing a stray unused/unreferenced classpathref
to fail where it was previously being masked. After removing the
bogus reference everything ran fine.

Cheers, Paul.

[VOTE][RESULTS] [second attempt] release of ant 1.8.0

Posted by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

I have counted 6 +1s and no other votes for the release of ant 1.8.0.

I will proceed with the release in the next hours.

Regards,

Antoine

Re: [VOTE] release of ant 1.8.0

Posted by Balder Van Camp <ba...@beanpole.be>.
As regular user, I've been using the 1.8 RC since it came out, haven't
noticed any problems

so +1 on Release as Apache Ant 1.8.0

(tought might be nice to have some feedback from community)

Keep up the good work!

Regards

On 30/01/2010 1:51, Antoine Levy Lambert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a candidate for ant 1.8.0 is available under
> http://people.apache.org/~antoine/dist/apache-ant-1.8.0/
>
> Vote
>
> [] Release as Apache Ant 1.8.0
> [] Do not release yet
>
> The tentative release date in the documentation of the proposed
> release is Feb 5th, 2010.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antoine

*Balder Van Camp*