Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rasmus Haslund <ra...@nowaco.com> on 2008/08/08 10:29:39 UTC

Using DNSWL.org with Icewarp Merak's SpamAssassin

Hi all,

I have tried without luck to get any support from Icewarp in this manner
and instead hope someone on the list can be of assistance.

I am trying to use DNSWL in our local.cf and have copied the
configuration from their website:

header __RCVD_IN_DNSWL          eval:check_rbl('dnswl-firsttrusted',
'list.dnswl.org.')

header RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW        eval:check_rbl_sub('dnswl-firsttrusted',
'127.0.\d+.1')
describe RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW      Sender listed at http://www.dnswl.org/,
low trust
tflags RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW        nice net

header RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED        eval:check_rbl_sub('dnswl-firsttrusted',
'127.0.\d+.2')
describe RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED      Sender listed at http://www.dnswl.org/,
medium trust
tflags RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED        nice net

header RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI         eval:check_rbl_sub('dnswl-firsttrusted',
'127.0.\d+.3')
describe RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI       Sender listed at http://www.dnswl.org/,
high trust
tflags RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI         nice net

score RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW         -1
score RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED         -10
score RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI          -100

However it seems SpamAssassin is not using the configuration.
Any ideas on what could be going wrong?

Thank you all in advance.

Best Regards

Rasmus Haslund

NOWACO A/S
Prinsensgade 15
9100 Aalborg, Denmark

Phone:	 +45 96 30 80 80
Direct:	 +45 96 30 80 83
Mobile:	 +45 40 59 94 94
Fax:	 +45 96 30 80 90
www.nowaco.com

RE: Using DNSWL.org with Icewarp Merak's SpamAssassin

Posted by Rasmus Haslund <ra...@nowaco.com>.
Hi Matthias,

Thank you for taking time to respond to me.

>From the headers our SpamAssassin is creating I can see
We are also using several URI lists that are configured in the same
local.cf file as the DNSWL configuration and those URI lists are
successfully used - hence I am very confident SpamAssassin is actually
using this file.

Unfortunately the supporters are Icewarp has chosen to ignore my request
for support on this issue.
In that light I have made a post on their forum instead:
http://forum.icewarp.com/Implementing_DNSWL%25org_into_SpamAssassin_loca
l%25cf/m_661/tm.htm

I know people working for Icewarp look and respond in the forum so there
is a good chance you could reach them there.
If they eventually respond to my support ticket I will refer them to
you.

Best Regards
NOWACO A/S
Rasmus Haslund