Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> on 2002/09/07 01:48:28 UTC

GET on methods

> I particularly like the (not yet documented) GET to SOAP bridge in there,
> which I'm just fixing so that you really do get XML responses back to GET
> calls, even on JWS files. It is really slick to get soap responses back
from
> a GET in your basic web browser.

case in point

http://nevis:8080/axis/EchoHeaders.jws?method=list

in IE runs the method and returns the http headers:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
  <soapenv:Envelope
  <soapenv:Body>
  <listResponse
soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
  <listReturn xsi:type="soapenc:Array" soapenc:arrayType="xsd:string[6]"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
  <item>accept:image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword,
application/pdf, */*</item>
  <item>accept-language:en-us</item>
  <item>accept-encoding:gzip, deflate</item>
  <item>user-agent:Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)</item>
  <item>host:nevis:8080</item>
  <item>connection:Keep-Alive</item>
  </listReturn>
  </listResponse>
  </soapenv:Body>
  </soapenv:Envelope>

slick indeed. Dont try this at home, not till I commit something.