Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Hiller, Dean (Contractor)" <de...@broadridge.com> on 2011/01/12 00:28:18 UTC

performance numbers for single query(not reads/sec but single query)

I read something somewhere that had performance using a self-created
index(with either lily or the tableindex or something) and it has some
numbers in there.  I was trying to redig that up since we are looking at
in-memory datagrid technology and I figured we could just use hbase
instead.  (we do a lot of batch at night plus real time
querying/updating during the day).  I remember it was in ms even though
it was using the index(one table lookup) and then getting the data from
the main table.  Any links to that?

I see Lily's perf. Numbers but throughput can be different than one
single io operation(ie. I can have 7000 operations all take 800ms and
still meet 7000/second like he had in the paper.  (I suspect of course
that is not the case based on what I read previously).

Thanks,

Dean

attachments from your system.

Re: performance numbers for single query(not reads/sec but single query)

Posted by Tost <nc...@gmail.com>.
You should check like below
http://blog.rajeevsharma.in/2009/06/secondary-indexes-in-hbase.html

source samples