Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2015/06/01 13:45:03 UTC

Re: Regular total loss of connectivity

Thanks Simon,

link up/down has not helped, setting tso etc off on the link has not helped either.
Connectivity is lost as usual after ~4 hours.

I found some suggestions to try and use the e1000 nic instead of virtio, will do that.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Arp remains unchanged when it happens, I only have one host.
I'll try the ping thing next.

Thanks
Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Ok, managed to find the problem. It's a combination of settings on the provider cisco port and the VR.
I'm not sure how this kind of problems always find me, perhaps some gypsy curse. :-)

The public IPs I am using are statically assigned in the cisco vlan and some random private IP is assigned to this port so that it stays up.
Because this private IP is not part of the subnet I am using and also because arp_ignore is set to 2 in the VR, all connectivity is lost after 14400 seconds (default arp cache in cisco, I am told).

Problem can be fixed by either changing arp_ignore to 0 (what I did) or set a proper IP from the same subnet on the cisco port.

What makes me scratch my head is why this problem was triggered all of a sudden ... it worked fine for many months before the power cut.

Thanks

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.