Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by es <es...@javanet.info> on 2004/12/22 17:37:57 UTC

decrease memory footprint

Dear list, I want to thank all people that made cocoon so easy,
powerfull and feature full like anything around.:)
Questions:
· I need to discover which version is deployed I have tried with the
status generator but it doesn't output the version.
· I wish there was a tool to make new cocoon deploy with only the stuff
needed. In particular I'm concerned to make the memory footprint as low
as possible and load only neccessary stuff. Any advices is welcome!
I was following this discussion
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=101617692331518&w=2
any followup?

Escaping the { character with i18n transformer

Posted by george georgovassilis <ge...@open.gr>.
Dear All

When using the i18n transformer, I want the { character to appear
literaly in one of my dictionaries' text like:
<message key="explanation">
The string <quote>{ID}</quote> will be replaced by the object's ID.
</message>

but the string {ID} is consumed (I guess) by the transformer. Using
&#123;ID&#125; doesn't help either - the dictionary is not loaded at all
then but I cannot see any errors.

Any advice?
Regards
G.

using cocoon from SVN code repository (Was: decrease memory footprint)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Eli Spizzichino (es) wrote:
> Tony Collen wrote:
>
> >>? I need to discover which version is deployed I have tried with the
> >>status generator but it doesn't output the version.
> >
> >es,
> >
> >I just committed a patch to the StatusGenerator and the Status
> >Generator sample page to SVN TRUNK, and I will soon backport it to the
> >2.1.x branch.  Let me know if the output works for you.
>
> Hey Tony thanks for the prompt reply/fix! yes that output is enought :)
> I used the version pasted from viewcvs because I can't find any
> instruction to checkout that branch from CVS and I don't know if the CVS
> tree and the SVN tree are in sync ( I still have to understand if is
> possible to keep them in sync besides the oneshoot cvs2svn script)

Youch, sorry that you are confused about the source repositories.
Someone updated the documentation ages ago but we forgot to publish it.
Sorry.

http://cocoon.apache.org/community/contrib.html#Subversion+Usage+Precis

The stuff in CVS is old code. We have migrated to SVN a long time ago.

You do not use cvs2svn. That was done *once* on the Cocoon repositories
long ago by the Apache Infrastructure team to convert the old CVS to SVN.

--David

Re: decrease memory footprint

Posted by es <es...@javanet.info>.

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.
es wrote:
> Dear list, I want to thank all people that made cocoon so easy,
> powerfull and feature full like anything around.:)
> Questions:
> · I need to discover which version is deployed I have tried with the
> status generator but it doesn't output the version.

es,

I just committed a patch to the StatusGenerator and the Status Generator
sample page to SVN TRUNK, and I will soon backport it to the 2.1.x
branch.  Let me know if the output works for you.

Tony

Re: decrease memory footprint

Posted by es <es...@javanet.info>.
 >· I wish there was a tool to make new cocoon deploy with only the
stuff needed.

for this I have choosen option a) in INSTALL.txt too bad from me sorry :)