Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> on 2005/08/11 05:01:22 UTC

.tar.gz and .zip Distributions

I realize that during the beta process Tapestry is not being packaged
in the same manner as it normally would.  However, I'm a bit
perplexed as to why the framework is packaged as both a .tar.gz and
a .zip, while the docs are only distributed as a .tar.gz.  Presumably
the .zip is for those running Windows (although WinZip, 7Zip, and
many others support .tar.gz), which is cool, but won't these people
want the docs too?

Anyway, not a big deal, just something I was pondering.

--
Kevin