Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Tyler Mitchell <Ty...@actian.com> on 2015/05/12 09:25:12 UTC

Recommended versions?

I've been using Python with Spark 1.3.0  and copy of Zeppelin from today, but I'm getting some weirdness.  Before digging into it further I also tried Spark 1.3.1 but got other strange things (output of notes not showing anything).

So curious, what versions are recommended or preferred?  I'm trying on OSX so far.

Thanks!

Tyler

Re: Recommended versions?

Posted by Marty B <sp...@mjhb.com>.
That does not work for me:

%pyspark
import pyspark_cassandra
(<type 'exceptions.ImportError'>, ImportError('No module named
pyspark_cassandra',), <traceback object at 0x7f9d16537290>)

Here is my conf/zeppelin-env.sh:

PSCC="/path/to/pyspark-cassandra/target"
export
ZEPPELIN_JAVA_OPTS="-Dspark.cassandra.connection.host=cassie
-Dspark.jars=$PSCC/pyspark_cassandra-0.1.4.jar"
export PYTHONPATH="$PSCC/pyspark_cassandra-0.1.3-py2.7.egg"

Interestingly, the logs indicate that they both loaded successfully:

Added JAR
file:/path/to/pyspark-cassandra/target/pyspark_cassandra-0.1.4.jar at
http://192.168.1.132:53081/jars/pyspark_cassandra-0.1.4.jar
Copying /path/to/pyspark-cassandra/target/pyspark_cassandra-0.1.4-py2.7.egg
/tmp/spark-11dd4dc8-6a78-4e9a-8073-d2ad2497f8ba/spark-8a841bb9-33c9-42a8-ac53-aab1e024d7d2/pyspark_cassandra-0.1.4-py2.7.egg
Added file
/path/to/pyspark-cassandra/target/pyspark_cassandra-0.1.4-py2.7.egg at
http://192.168.1.132:53081/files/pyspark_cassandra-0.1.4-py2.7.egg

Re: Recommended versions?

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.

Re: Recommended versions?

Posted by Marty B <sp...@mjhb.com>.
Jon,

Re: Recommended versions?

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.

Re: Recommended versions?

Posted by Marty B <sp...@mjhb.com>.
Jon,

Re: Recommended versions?

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.

Re: Recommended versions?

Posted by Marty B <sp...@mjhb.com>.

Re: Recommended versions?

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.

Re: Recommended versions?

Posted by Tyler Mitchell <Ty...@actian.com>.
Moon, what versions of Spark are you supporting on OSX with Zeppelin master code?

Tyler

Re: Recommended versions?

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi,