Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Farhan Iqbal <fa...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/30 17:27:16 UTC

New to hadoop. Need help

Hi guys
I am new to Hadoop. I just installed Hadoop 2.7.1 in windows 7 using

https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hadoop2OnWindows

Now my question is

How can I browse file in windows which are in hdfs system

e.g. when I executed this command

%HADOOP_PREFIX%\bin\yarn jar
%HADOOP_PREFIX%\share\hadoop\mapreduce\hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.5.0.jar
wordcount /myfile.txt /out

where can I view this /out directory etc in windows.

I have pushed myfile.txt using

C:\deploy>%HADOOP_PREFIX%\bin\hdfs dfs -put myfile.txt /

Re: New to hadoop. Need help

Posted by Tenghuan He <te...@gmail.com>.
You can see the local location settings in your /etc/hadoop/hdfs.xml files
in the property *dfs.namenode.name.dir* for namenode and
*dfs.datanode.data.dir* for datanode

if you didn't configure these, on Windows 7 it may go to
*D:\tmp\hadoop-username\dfs* (in my case, with hadoop installed in *D:\*)

Re: New to hadoop. Need help

Posted by Tenghuan He <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: New to hadoop. Need help

Posted by Tenghuan He <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: New to hadoop. Need help

Posted by Tenghuan He <te...@gmail.com>.

RE: New to hadoop. Need help

Posted by Caesar Samsi <cm...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Farhan,

Re: New to hadoop. Need help

Posted by Muhammad Atif <ma...@gmail.com>.
You can browse the out files  by going to http://http//localhost:8080/.They
are stored in hadoop file system which is different from windows file system

Re: New to hadoop. Need help

Posted by Muhammad Atif <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: New to hadoop. Need help

Posted by Muhammad Atif <ma...@gmail.com>.