Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Burton Williams <bu...@vimeo.com> on 2015/12/09 22:16:37 UTC

Questions about configuration and deployment

Hi -

I have recently decided to use drill and i'm in the process of configuring
it. I am not clear on if there is a central point for configuring things
such as mem etc or do i have to do it individually for all drillbits. Can
someone shed some light on this please. Do i need to configure one drillbit
then replicate it (install and copy configs and start the drillbit) on all
my data nodes? Thank you.

-B

Re: Questions about configuration and deployment

Posted by Steven Phillips <st...@dremio.com>.
Hi Burton,

Like John said, I would strongly recommend using the same configuration for
each drillbit.

The reason memory settings are in drill-env is that we use the standard
java options to limit the amount of memory the jvm can use.
drill-override.conf contains Drill specific settings.

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.