Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Christian Kraus <ch...@ckc-it.at> on 2017/02/07 09:52:15 UTC

Docker DNS Server Problem

Hi

Just for Info if someone is getting same problem:

I had problem with local DNS resolution with guacd docker container. The docker container is always using the google dns servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 instead of the local DNS servers of the hosts. So I was only able to access local PC's through the real IP address in the connection settings

Im using guacamole docker containers on Univention UCS 4.1

now I found a solution for this behaviour:

https://robinwinslow.uk/2016/06/23/fix-docker-networking-dns/

Update the Docker daemon

To achieve this, you need to change the DNS settings of the Docker daemon. You can set the default options for the docker daemon by creating a daemon configuration file at /etc/docker/daemon.json.

You should create this file with the following contents to set two DNS, firstly your network's DNS server, and secondly the Google DNS server to fall back to in case that server isn't available:

/etc/docker/daemon.json:

{
    "dns": ["10.0.0.2", "8.8.8.8"]
}