Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/03 17:28:16 UTC

Re: AWS multi-region DCs fail to rebuild

If all the streams are failing it might be due to your VPN tunnel linking
the 2 DC or to some port issue, make sur this is ok (Cassandra uses port
7000 for internal communication by default).

I am using this exact same setup and never had streaming issues, excepted
during some big repairs. I would say AWS is fine regarding streams, at
least to me (I also use EC2Snitch).

What does a nodetool status show ?

Your issue is really weird. If this is only a test (not production) as I
think it is, maybe should you go for a 2.1.latest version and see what
happen.