Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Don Jones <do...@kdsi.net> on 2000/10/25 20:25:28 UTC

Multi-user Form conflicts

I have just run into several cases where a new ActionForm request is
returning an instance of an ActionForm in process on another browser.
I duplicated this once but now can not duplicate it.

Environment:
-my app uses Struts 0.5
-my form extends ValidatingActionForm
-my form has session scope but ...[see next item]
-my  saveAction removes the form attribute from the session upon
successful save
-this follows the same pattern as the struts-example

Case1:
-user1 submits an instance of a ValidatingActionForm
-user1's submit encounters missing required fields and the form is
returned with errors
-user2 requests an instance of the same ValidatingActionForm
-user2 receives user1's incomplete form
-depending on which user successfully submits first the other user gets
a BeanUtils error

Case2:
-userX attempts a submit of a ValidatingActionForm and gets a BeanUtils
stack trace
-the next user requesting an instance of the same ValidatingActionForm
gets what appears to be userX's form

When I can duplicate this I will run in the VAJ Pro 3.5 debugger.
Meanwhile, I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Cheers,
Don Jones
dojo@kdsi.net

Re: Multi-user Form conflicts

Posted by Matthias Kerkhoff <ma...@BESToffers.de>.
Hi Don,

> I have just run into several cases where a new ActionForm request is
> returning an instance of an ActionForm in process on another browser.
> I duplicated this once but now can not duplicate it.

> [...]

> Meanwhile, I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Is it possible, that both "user" are two browser windows on the same
machine ? In this case, they would probably (if you're not URLRewriting)
use the same session.

--
Matthias                        (mailto:make@BESToffers.de)