Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by GV <ve...@yahoo.com> on 2008/12/30 21:45:18 UTC

Turning off jetty

Hi

  I am launching ServiceMix as a Web Application (Tomcat as the container) -
it however kicks off an instance of Jetty. I want to use Tomcat as the
container for ServiceMix and would like to not use Jetty.

  I referred to a few posts to use Servlet Transport instead of HTTP
transport by using CXFServlet as the destination of incoming requests. While
this prompts the destination factory being replaced by the ServletTransport
Factory, it still does not stop Jetty from getting spawned. Also, i am
unable to access the web service endpoint (which is a CXF BC in my case).
Basically, when my application (deployed as a Service Assembly) starts up,
while starting up the cxf bc service unit in my application, it kicks off
jetty.

  Again all posts i referred to with reference to this mentioned making
changes to web.xml which i did.

  Can somebody list if i am missing anything here?

GV

Re: Turning off jetty

Posted by GV <ve...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Freeman...that worked...i just set the locationURI as you suggested
and it worked just fine...(It threw a error 500 but it went ahead..it is
more likely a jar issue i can look at)

Thanks again
GV

Re: Turning off jetty

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ganesh,
 From http://localhost:8080/ServiceMix/ can you see the servicemix

Re: Turning off jetty

Re: Turning off jetty

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Ensure the xbean of your cxf bc consumer doesn't has busCfg and what's
the url you are using to access the wsdl?
Freeman

Re: Turning off jetty

Re: Turning off jetty

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
The problem you see comes from that after you install cxf bc component
and SA, then restart the tomcat, the context listener(which load
servicemix container and then start the intalled cxf bc and sa) always
run before the CXFServlet(which replace the servlet transport), so that
the cxf bc has no chance to use the bus with replaced servlet transport.
If you run tomcat with clean servicemix (remove data and servicemixDB
folder in $TOMCAT_HOME/bin, but add CXFServlet in web.xml), then install
sharedLib, CXF component and your SA, then it works(because in this case
the CXFServlet get initialized first).
I will figure out how to resolve the case when you restart tomcat.

Freeman

Re: Turning off jetty

Re: Turning off jetty

Posted by GV <ve...@yahoo.com>.
No, i dont get the error. It is used t throws this error but got resolved
after putting the appropriate jars in the lib folder. The problem apparently
(the way i see it) is - the CXF servlet loads the Servlet transport factory
but the CXF BC however uses the JettyHTTPTransportFactory and not the
ServletTransport Factory. I am attaching the  command prompt as it appears
when tomcat starts up...if u notice when the cxf-bc (wsdl-first-cxfbc-su)
starts up...it starts jetty...lastly, if you go the bottom you would notice
the servlet transport replacing as the destination factory as well...

***command promt as it appears - starts****
Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\tomcat\apache-tomcat-5.5.27
Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\tomcat\apache-tomcat-5.5.27
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\tomcat\apache-tomcat-5.5.27\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.5.0_15
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:03 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
lifecycleEvent
INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in
production environments was not found on the java.library.path:
C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.5.0_15
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:03 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:03 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 640 ms
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:03 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:03 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.27
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:03 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
org.apache.servicemix.http.jetty.JCLLogger@18fc9ba via
[...]
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:25 AM org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusApplicationContext
getConfigResources
WARNING: Could not find the configuration file cxf-all.xml on the classpath.
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:26 AM org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerImpl initDestination
INFO: Setting the server's publish address to be
http://localhost:8080/ServiceMix/services/DeliveryServiceImplService/
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Initializing service unit:
wsdl-first-drools-su
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Initializing service unit:
wsdl-first-bulk-bean-se
ListenerBeanBulk:: In Constructor
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Initializing service unit:
wsdl-first-adhoc-bean-se
ListenerBeanAdhoc:: In Constructor
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Starting service unit:
wsdl-first-cxfse-su
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:27 AM
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean
buildServiceFromClass
INFO: Creating Service
{http://servicemix.apache.org/samples/wsdl-first}DeliveryServiceImplService
from class org.apache.servicemix.samples.wsdl_first.DeliveryService
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:27 AM org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerImpl initDestination
INFO: Setting the server's publish address to be
jbi://ID-10-125-25-223-11ea286df70-12-0
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Starting service unit:
wsdl-first-cxfbc-su
INFO  - jetty                          - jetty-6.1.9
INFO  - jetty                          - Started
SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8080
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Starting service unit:
wsdl-first-drools-su
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Starting service unit:
wsdl-first-bulk-bean-se
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Starting service unit:
wsdl-first-adhoc-bean-se
INFO  - JBIContainer                   - ServiceMix JBI Container
(ServiceMix) started
INFO  - JDBCAdapterFactory             - Database driver recognized:
[apache_derby_embedded_jdbc_driver]
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:35 AM org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFServlet
loadSpringBus
INFO: Load the bus with application context
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:35 AM org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusApplicationContext
getConfigResources
INFO: No cxf.xml configuration file detected, relying on defaults.
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:35 AM org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractCXFServlet
replaceDestinationFactory
INFO: Servlet transport factory already registered
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:35 AM org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFServlet
loadAdditionalConfig
INFO: Build endpoints from config-location: /WEB-INF/cxf-servlet.xml
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:36 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:36 AM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:36 AM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/16  config=null
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:36 AM org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
Jan 4, 2009 11:43:36 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 33829 ms
*** Command Prompt as it appears - ends*****

Re: Turning off jetty

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.