Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2003/04/29 10:30:09 UTC

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1 blocks.properties

On 29/04/2003 10:19 cziegeler@apache.org wrote:
> cziegeler    2003/04/29 01:19:39
>
>   Modified:    .        blocks.properties
>   Log:
>   Uncommenting woody for release as it does not compile

??

I did a cvs co - build clean - cocoon servlet this morning and I see no
issues...

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1 blocks.properties

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
on 4/29/03 6:19 AM Steven Noels wrote:

> On 29/04/2003 13:16 Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>

>>Confirmed! You have to put the latest jars in the endorsed directory of
>>the JDK - than everything compiles :( - so, I guess we have identified a
>>problem here.

wait a second: what about the -endorsed CLI argument?

> é@#'(^P! to the peeps at java.sun.com who invented this mechanism in the
> first place - and thought sticking everything in rt.jar would be help
> them in selling more pizza boxes :-(

yeah, the uberjar is a major pain in the ass.

> for related fun:
> http://lists.cocoondev.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi.py?1:sss:351:200304:mekdaeohfpcpbaonailm
> (adoringly cute semantical URIs, ain't it?)
>
> OK - where to go now? Ant? Bash? Windows command shell? Java doco?
> MacOSX Java version?

What do you mean?

--
Stefano.

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1 blocks.properties

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1 blocks.properties

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Steven Noels wrote:
> > >
> > > I guess, the version supplied with Cocoon - but perhaps the
> endorsed of
> > > the JDK 1.4 is used first?
> >
> > if that is the case - I wonder what all these -Dlib.endorsed=blabla are
> > about - we SHOULD be able to bypass the versions supplied with the JDK
> > (even those in jre/lib/endorsed maybe?), otherwise it makes no sense to
> > keep up with recent Xalan/Xerces releases IMHO.
> >
> Confirmed! You have to put the latest jars in the endorsed directory of
> the JDK - than everything compiles :( - so, I guess we have identified a
> problem here.

Could it be that we have to start Ant with the -Dlib.endorsed directive?

Carsten

RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1 blocks.properties

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 29/04/2003 12:26 Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote:
>
>>Strange, I thought Bruno fixed this:
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=105117746529604&w=2
>>
>>What version of Xerces/Xalan are you building against?
>>

> I guess, the version supplied with Cocoon - but perhaps the endorsed of
> the JDK 1.4 is used first?

if that is the case - I wonder what all these -Dlib.endorsed=blabla are
about - we SHOULD be able to bypass the versions supplied with the JDK
(even those in jre/lib/endorsed maybe?), otherwise it makes no sense to
keep up with recent Xalan/Xerces releases IMHO.

>>Anyway, Bruno is OOTB ATM, so don't sweat it. Hopefully, we'll release
>>another Milestone soonish, and if Woody doesn't make it into this one,
>>next one will be good enough, too.
>>

> Yes, I commented it out for M1.

No worries. It's a good heads-up. ;-)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1 blocks.properties

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1 blocks.properties

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1 blocks.properties

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Steven Noels wrote:

> On 29/04/2003 10:19 cziegeler@apache.org wrote:
> > cziegeler    2003/04/29 01:19:39
> >
> >   Modified:    .        blocks.properties
> >   Log:
> >   Uncommenting woody for release as it does not compile
>
> ??
>
> I did a cvs co - build clean - cocoon servlet this morning and I see no
> issues...

Because you did not make a build between build clean and starting the
servlet engine :)

I get an compilation error somewhere in woody. I will report this asap.

Carsten