Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Venkata Rathnamaiah Nichenametla <ve...@aricent.com> on 2011/06/22 12:25:18 UTC

gSOAP and AxisC

Hi,

We need to implement a server and client at our machine which is talking to other end which is implemented as WebServer (weblogic) through Java with an WSDL file.

Do I need to use AxisC with gSOAP and HTTP daemon.

or AxisC will take care if we integrate with HTTP daemon.

Just to add : The other client shared only WSDL with us to implement this methodology.

Implementation scenario: We need to send SOAP Request message and we will be disconnecting. Later The weblogic server connect to us to send the Asynchronous SOAP response. (We would like to implement using C/C++)

Thanks
Venkat

Please refer to http://www.aricent.com/legal/email_disclaimer.html
for important disclosures regarding this electronic communication.

Re: gSOAP and AxisC

Posted by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com>.
Run, don't walk, away from Axis2/C.  Granted, it is a vital piece of
my software but going with Axis2/C was a HUGE mistake and I am looking
at options to move away from it.  The support does not exist, aka it
has been on version 1.6 for about two years now.  Granted, it does
allow you to do all the basic web service stuff, but it is simply
painful, fare more painful then it is worth.

In hind sight, I should have used Microsoft's WCF, far easier to work
with and rich in features!   If cross platform is important, I think
Axis2/Java is mainstream, but I am not 100% sure on that.  If you
really want the speed of C/C++ and you can control the hardware, look
at Microsoft's Windows Web Services (WWS):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee335693.aspx

WWS requires either Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7.  Microsoft
claims that you can get the run time for Vista or XP, but I think it
cost 5 figures or more, outside what I can afford to pay for my little
one man shop.

As far as your questions:

Axis2/C does have a basic frontend that will implement the HTTP stack
for you, but it is REAL basic.  Using Apache gives you a ton more
features, which is what I do, I use Apache.  One nice thing about
Axis2, there is a tool in the Axis2/Java project called WSDL2C which
will generate the C code needed to make implementing the WSDL for you:

http://axis.apache.org/axis2/c/core/docs/axis2c_manual.html#wsdl2c

Sam