Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rts <ri...@siemens.com> on 2009/01/15 16:14:02 UTC

Longevity of versions

how long will version 2.0 be available for use?  Always? or until a certain
date generally speaking?

Re: Longevity of versions

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Paul Querna wrote:

> However, I expect if there was a critical security vulnerability, we
> would at least provide patches, and/or do a release -- lots of peoples
> jobs are still tied to 2.0.x :-)

Right - the question is more between bug fixes (possibly disruptive to the
user and certainly disruptive to the developers of 2.2 and 2.4/3.0) and
security releases (quite possible for a long while to come).

Re: Longevity of versions

Posted by rts <ri...@siemens.com>.
Thank you for answering the question that I should have asked.

Re: Longevity of versions

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.

Re: Longevity of versions

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.