Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com> on 2020/04/01 07:25:01 UTC

Re: Renaming PP2 UC to Legacy & adding PP3 UC in NetBeans 12.0 Beta 3

Thanks Neil for your comment in my MR about getting rid of the legacy
PP2 hosted UC since NetBeans 12.0. I fully support this. Anyway, if
someone would be missing some NetBeans 11.0 plugin, they can always
register the legacy UC in the IDE manually.

Having said so feel free to close my merge request and just update the
URL redirect rule for NetBeans 12.0 Plugin Portal to:

http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/pluginportal/data/12.0/catalog.xml.gz

Best regards,
-Jirka

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi

This is maybe a too strong opinion, I think we should remove the 8.2 portal + the link to plugins.netbeans.org. and put a webpage to explain how to set up to have legacy.
Just because LTS is for one year and maybe the plugins.netbeans.org will be decommissioned. That will break Apache NetBeans for external reason.

Best Regards
Eric