Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lorenzo De Sio <l....@w4b.it> on 2002/07/15 14:21:26 UTC

MySQL Numbers and Xalan...

Hi all,

I've got the following problem (on C2.0):

a rowset generated by the SQLTransformer (which seems to me to not allow
specific control over column format) contains rows like these:

  <row>
  <nome>Totale Toscana</nome>
  <costogesttotale>4.6985818E8</costogesttotale>
  <costooperatori>6.79535678E8</costooperatori>
  <entraterette>6.01985915E8</entraterette>
  <altreentrate>1.26699997E8</altreentrate>
  <dummy>65</dummy>
  </row>

the problem is that Xalan doesn't recognize these numeric values as numbers,
not allowing me to apply any number formatting.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

L:

Re: MySQL Numbers and Xalan...

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
It's not a valid number in XSLT/XPATH:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#NT-Number

A number may only consist of digits and '.'. You either have to convert it
before transformation or search for a stylesheet which transforms such a
number to a conformant one.

Regards,

Joerg

--

System Development
VIRBUS AG

Re: MySQL Numbers and Xalan...

Posted by Bert Van Kets <be...@vankets.com>.
Have you tried esql?  It gives you a lot more control over how you request
the data.  There are enough docs and samples on esql to get you started.
Bert