Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Hendrik Helwich <h....@tarent.de> on 2007/11/28 15:41:13 UTC

small soap client / compile error

Dear cxf developers,

I need a soap client which runs on a mobile environment. I tried around
with cxf in the way it is described on this page:
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/a-simple-jax-ws-service.html
It is very simple and easy to use (much easier than axis2)!
But i need to know if it's possible to use/create only a small library
which contains the soap client and which can be used in a limited
environment.
I checked out the current source to figure it out by myself, but i got a
compile error (see* attachment).*
In the trunk-folder i called:
mvn -e -Pfastinstall source:jar install

Thank you very much!

Hendrik Helwich

Re: small soap client / compile error

Posted by Hendrik Helwich <h....@tarent.de>.
Thank you! Now everything compiled successfully.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.

Posted by Hendrik Helwich <h....@tarent.de>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Now that your compile issue is fixed, off to your other question...

> But i need to know if it's possible to use/create only a small library
> which contains the soap client and which can be used in a limited
> environment.

I would suggest looking at our distribution/bundle/pom.xml stuff as a
basis.   That takes all the individual modules and creates an uber jar
that combines them all together merging the spring files, etc....

You could easily use that as a basis to strip out stuff you don't need.
For example, if you don't need ws-addressing or ws-rm, remove those
dependencies.   Don't need aegis, remove it.   Etc....   You should be
able to stip it down pretty far.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp