Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2003/09/02 16:09:49 UTC

[VOTE] Promote commons-sandbox-daemon to Commons Proper

Howdy,
The tomcat team would like to promote commons-daemon to the
commons-proper and issue a 1.0 release to serve as a dependency for
tomcat 5.0 stable.

We have been using commons-daemon for a while, and there are no open
bugs filed against it.  We'll go through with the proper release
process, plan, and vote, as always, of course.  In fact, I'll probably
be the release manager for it.

Please vote on this promotion ;)  Thanks,

Yoav Shapira

Vote:  Promote commons-attributes to commons proper
[ X ] +1 I am in favor of the move, and will help support it
[ ] +0 I am in favor of the move, but am unable to help support it
[ ] -0 I am not in favor of the move
[ ] -1 I am against this proposal (must include a reason).

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

Re: [VOTE] Promote commons-sandbox-daemon to Commons Proper

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
+1
(though I have not used it, 'used by Tomcat' and 'no bugs filed' sounds
valid to me)

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> Vote:  Promote commons-attributes to commons proper
> [X] +1 I am in favor of the move, and will help support it
> [ ] +0 I am in favor of the move, but am unable to help support it
> [ ] -0 I am not in favor of the move
> [ ] -1 I am against this proposal (must include a reason).

I won't be able to help too much besides some tweaking.

commons-daemon's goal is to allow better platform integration, and I've
been using sucessfully jsvc (Unix wrapper) and procrun (NT wrapper).
Both are easy to use, and can allow running Tomcat as a daemon (without
root in the case of Tomcat on port 80 on Linux, which is the usual issue
;-) ).

Remy

Re: [VOTE] Promote commons-sandbox-daemon to Commons Proper

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.
+1

Costin

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
+1

- robert

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
+1. Not used it, but it sounds like a good example of the Commons
charter's aims.

Hen