Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kristj�n R�narsson <kr...@islandssimi.is> on 2002/12/05 13:04:22 UTC

Overview of the various approaches to supressing directory contents listings in tomcat standalone

I know this has been asked before but please bear with me.

I would like to go through the various methods to supress directory
listings with Tomcat 4.0.x standalone. Below is a list of stupid
quiestions. Could somebody please elaborate on how these things are done?

1) I have been told that it is possible to do this in server.xml.
2) Supposedly it is posseble to supress the listing for a single sub
directory of the webapps directory but not others using web.xml. How?
3) Supressing certain items in the directory listing but not others.

Mvh

Kristján Rúnarsson