Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sangeetha <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/27 09:45:50 UTC

search with spaces

Hi,

I have a text field with value O O Jaane Jaane. When i search with *q=Jaane
Jaane* it is giving the results. But if i give *q=O O Jaane Jaane* it is not
working? What could be the reason?

Thanks,
Sangeetha

Re: search with spaces

Posted by Chandan Tamrakar <ch...@nepasoft.com>.
Which Analyzer is being used in the field that was indexed ?
May be you can use solradmin to analyze and see how is your index

thanks

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Sangeetha <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a text field with value O O Jaane Jaane. When i search with *q=Jaane
> Jaane* it is giving the results. But if i give *q=O O Jaane Jaane* it is
> not
> working? What could be the reason?
>
> Thanks,
> Sangeetha

Chandan Tamrakar
*
*

Re: search with spaces

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
That's &debugQuery=true or &debug=query.

-- Jack Krupansky

Add &debugQuery=query to your search requests.  That will point you in the
right direction.

Otis

Re: search with spaces

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
It would help if we had a clear description of what the analyzer is SUPPOSED
to do, since it seems to do a lot of stuff that may or may not make sense.
In other words, what is the original problem the analzer is trying to
solve - in detail?

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
hi Sangeetha,

Re: search with spaces

Re: search with spaces

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Sangeetha,

Do you use any custom solr plugin?
Can you paste your fieldType definition?
By saying "it is not working" you mean it is not returning expected results? Or you get an exception?

please ignore the previous mail. debugQuery=true not query.

Re: search with spaces

Posted by Sangeetha <sa...@gmail.com>.
when i gave debugQuery=query, i got the following error,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
	<lst name="responseHeader">
		<int name="status">400</int>
		<int name="QTime">0</int>
		<lst name="params">
			<str name="debugQuery">query</str>
			<str name="q">O O Jaane Jaane</str>
		</lst>
	</lst>
	<lst name="error">
		<str name="msg">invalid boolean value: query</str>
		<int name="code">400</int>
	</lst>
</response>

Re: search with spaces