Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Sanjay Choudhary <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/19 19:26:40 UTC

validation required

I am not sure what I am missing here... snippet from my JSP is

                    <h:inputText styleClass="inputText"
                        value="#{bp.firstName}" id="firstName"
                        required="true" size="30">
                        <val:commonsValidator type="required" arg="First
name"
                            server="true" client="true" message="
errors.required"/>
                        </val:commonsValidator>
                    </h:inputText>

in my message bundle file I have overridden
javax.faces.component.UIInput.REQUIRED={0} is required.  (I read on wiki
that message = errors.required will be ignored). Funny thing is that JSF is
not passing argument for {0}. On my client , I am seeing message {0} is
required instead of "First name is required".   What am I missing here?

thanks,
Sanjay

SV: validation required

Posted by Hermod Opstvedt <he...@opstvedt.com>.
Hi

Could you post more of the jsp. I would like to see the label etc.

Hermod